[LMB] OT: Email Etiquette

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Dec 6 17:30:45 GMT 2016

On 12/06/2016 09:46 AM, Matthew George wrote:
> My message directly follows Kathleen's in my program, so I didn't consider
> quotation to be necessary.

Even in email programs that do threads, people often don't read that
way. I alternate between threaded and by date in my own reading. It's
considered proper email use if you quote the piece you're responding to.

Of course there are people who simply include the entire email
conversation and reply at the top. That's just wrong, wrong, wrong, and
entirely wrong. Blame Microsoft.