[LMB] OT: Salt

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Tue Dec 6 21:57:36 GMT 2016

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 11:46 AM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> What is this in response to. Usually there is too much, but here nothing.
>

> I'm guessing you don't see messages in threads in your email program?  My
> message was in response to the following:

No I don’t see messages by “Thread”, but by chronological order by date received. AFAIK, the
mail protocol does not give enough info for threads proper aside from the subjects. USENET supports
threads with each reply referencing the replied to message by number. We have to understand we
have different views the list. And “Salt” is so generic and delivery is asynchronous.