[LMB] Bishops on Barrayar, was: Kosher

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:40:34 GMT 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 8:37 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Did post-collapse Barrayar have a religious system in place? Did they
> create
> one in order to get people working together? (And I can see divine guidance
> playing a multitude of roles, from out-right faked to very sincere.)

strangely enough, that's about what Cordelia & Miles say about the Vor
system.
Cordelia - it's silly, but it can be made to work, just like a lot of other
systems
Miles - these people (forgot who exactly) are the ones who care, the ones
who make Vor real.

Was it Plato or Socrates who said, its a wonder when two entrails-readers
can pass each other in the street without laughing .... and yet someone
must have believed, or at least wanted to believe, or they would have been
out of a job.

Don't sneer:
Today's horoscopes are an integral part of many newspapers.

Sylvia
I know my sign