[LMB] Re: Worldview (1) Now OT: meat-grinders and jams and jellies and handmade stuff

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Dec 13 10:05:04 GMT 2016

On Dec 12, 2016, at 07:42 PM, Pat Mathews <MATHEWS55 at msn.com> wrote:

$70 shipping ?!?!?!? Wow. Forget the Country Store, then! .
________________________________
      Micki:

Yeah, maybe my mom could find a meatgrinder for me -- she would know what she's looking
for, too, I think -- then keep it for me until I get back to the States next
time. Mailing costs have gotten ridiculous; I'm sure it'd be at least $70 to
mail it to me.

Marina:
don't order a hug butchering kettle from Lehman's in Ohio, who cater to the Amish way of life. If they could even ship it, it might be more than the cost of the item! The item is actually a 59.5 qt kettle, $499US, made in South Africa. It would make more sense to be shipped to Japan from there.

However, there's the link to a page of their catalog where the search term "meat grinder" was used. It get some odd results that *I* wouldn't have predicted, but the non-electric meat grinder options are there.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/search?cnt=36&lbc=lehmans&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=219994419&w=meat%20grinders&isort=price

This covers their shipping info:  https://www.lehmans.com/shipping

Marina