[LMB] Worldview (1

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 18:59:58 GMT 2016

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:28:08 -0500, Dave McMillan
<skyefire at skyefire.org> wrote:

>On 12/13/2016 12:10 PM, Zan Lynx wrote:
>> Expressing outrage because airlines actually care about their 95%
>> passengers who don't want to be squeezed into a corner by their seatmate
>> is not a useful thing. And I get outraged by their outrage. Heh.
>
>     Speaking as one of those grossly oversized passengers... I agree
>100%.  I make whomever sits next to me suffer just by existing, and tie
>myself into knots trying to minimize my impingement on their personal
>space.  If the airline wants me to buy two adjoining seats, I've no one
>to blame but myself.  If I can't sit in the more comfy exit rows because
>I have to use a seatbelt extension (FAA regulations), well, again, it's
>my own damn fault.  Getting my dander up for anything less than a PA
>announcement of "We have to delay takeoff b/c the passenger in seat 25D
>is too fat to fit" is just childish.

It's not fun being the one holding up the plane, for any reason.

When we went to India with the BestBeloved's orchestra, we delayed the
plane by about half an hour because the muppets in the flight crew could
not work out how to secure a cello into an airline seat (despite this
being clearly explained in their crew manual - which seemingly took six
of them to read properly).
--
"Rosa sat so Martin could walk.  Martin walked so Obama could run.
Obama is running so we all can fly."  -   Jay-Z.