[LMB] Cellos

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Dec 13 20:18:19 GMT 2016

On 12/13/2016 11:59 AM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> When we went to India with the BestBeloved's orchestra, we delayed the
> plane by about half an hour because the muppets in the flight crew could
> not work out how to secure a cello into an airline seat (despite this
> being clearly explained in their crew manual - which seemingly took six
> of them to read properly).

My cousin has a lot of stories about adventures with her cello. Such as
crew who apparently want to take $50,000 cellos and put them in cargo
even when it has a ticket for its own seat. And being stuffed into
crowded trains in China while on a badly managed tour, carrying a huge
cello case and being fed tiny amounts of soup and crackers.

I'm glad my profession only requires a small laptop bag.