[LMB] Fat shaming, slut-shaming, and special snowflakes

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:41:22 GMT 2016

On 12/13/2016 8:23 PM, Sylvia McIvers wrote:

> 'bland'? - whole foods are better than processed food, but spices remind
> your mouth that you've been eating long after your last swallow?

Unless you have issues where anything except dead bland either makes it
impossible to actually fork some food into your mouth because the smell
makes you want to hurl, or the taste of the food in your mouth does the
same... my nutritionist told me he doesn't care if all I can get down is
milkshakes, as long as I can manage 1800 cal a day minimum. He would
like me to get the right levels of protein:fat:carb, but short of going
to a nasal tube he will take what he can get [and this crap has been
going on since shortly after the damned fire ... on the plus side I have
lost close to 100 pounds ... *sigh*]

Upshot? I would love to be able to eat food with flavor, believe me I am
not thrilled with boring. Obviously I *love* cooking food I can't eat.
[and nope, antinausea meds do nothing....makes me wish I were back on
chemo, at least I got something out of horking up everything but my
toenails - though this coming summer will make 5 years in remission from
the second time around.]

---