[LMB] Worldview (1) Now OT: meat-grinders and jams and jellies and handmade stuff

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 15:02:39 GMT 2016

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 03:11:49 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Oooh, I would love a meat-grinder, but the ones I see in stores don't seem to
>be all that sturdy, and I don't really have access to vintage ones. For some
>reason, ground meat is going for slightly more money in Japan than whole meat
>-- well, I suppose it makes sense from the labor costs point of view, but not
>from the recycle-the-useless-meat point of view.

http://www.divertimenti.co.uk/cast-iron-mincer-no-8.html, around 30 UK
pounds.  About twice that to ship to Japan, sadly.  Though you could buy
half a dozen and sell the others, perhaps?

This looks to be pretty much the same article:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Made-Cast-Iron-Mincer/
 for about half the money.

I bought one for my niece a couple of years back- it's lasted well.

Looking at prices on amazon.co.jp, I think I might buy a container-load
of these and make my fortune smuggling them into Japan.

--
"I suppose they are vicious rascals, but it scarcely matters what they are. I'm after what they know." (Gibson-Sterling, The Difference Engine)