[LMB] Worldview (1) Now OT: meat-grinders and jams and jellies and handmade stuff

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 13:11:06 GMT 2016

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 02:00:41 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Damn, damn, damn. Markus reminded me of why (well, one reason why) I'm not a
>big-time importer of the rare and exotic . . . I'm an expensive plane ride
>from the customs office, at least the one in Tokyo. I could probably bring in
>$500 worth of meat grinders in an extra bag. But ordering from China and
>getting them through customs? Sounds like a headache.

It's an oursourceable headache, though. I know someone who imports and
sells items from China.  Apart from the samples he got five years ago,
he's never actually clapped eyes on any of the items.  He used a
combination of import agent and drop-shipper, and send invoices and
delivery labels through as PDFs.

--
A:top posting
Q:What's the most irritating thing in Usenet? - Aahz