[LMB] Unusual words and typos.

M R Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Sat Dec 17 21:11:07 GMT 2016

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016, at 12:31, Walter Bushell wrote:

> > On Dec 15, 2016, at 6:43 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> >

> >> On Dec 15, 2016, at 4:38 PM, M R L Dolbear <m.dolbear at lineone.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> In July I was lucky to spot a typo in Penric and the Sharman
> >>
> >> 'impassible' (a real word but impassable was intended, only theologians use impassible)
> >>
> >> In accordance with common observation, I am now sensitised and found a occurrence on p375 of the hc of L E Modesitt Jr's fantasy Cyador's Heirs.
> >

> > Did you give feedback to http://www.lemodesittjr.com/ <http://www.lemodesittjr.com/> ?

Done and a thank you message

http://www.lemodesittjr.com/2016/07/01/july-question-6/

> There are people who are incapable of feeling pain. Could not impassible be used for them.
>
> They thend to die early, because they don’t become aware of injuries.

The medics already have a term it seems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain

Congenital insensitivity to pain (CIP), also known as congenital
analgesia, is one or more rare conditions in which a person cannot feel
(and has never felt) physical pain.

Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames