[LMB] Fat shaming, slut-shaming, and special snowflakes

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Dec 18 11:38:59 GMT 2016

IOn Dec 18, 2016, at 1:19 AM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that bullying is probably not the problem.

I'm also glad for the update. The bit with not being able to go back to get a coat, especially as the temperatures plummet, borders on idiotic and actionable. Perhaps the administration needs a flea in their ear about this policy.

> If you want to go an extra step,
> you can help brainstorm with her, "What can you do next time so you don't
> forget it?"

It encourages problem solving thinking, always a good thing for kids.

I found that as he got into adolescence, asking my son what he might do differently the next time allowed him to own his behavior, instead of it being something we "nagged" him about.

It also works still when discussing food he's cooked, when it wasn't quite what he expected. It's what a lot of creative folks do.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com