[LMB] OT: Worldview (1)

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Mon Dec 19 02:22:23 GMT 2016

Anything I say could make someone feel bad. "Good morning" could upset someone who is having a very bad day.
Complements are out. I've read posts slamming people for saying, "you're looking good today."
I talked to a college instructor (not a tenured professor) who was worried about one of his classes. There was a young woman who sat in the front row wearing a loose halter top and daisy dukes. He was worried that if he looked at her he could be fired and if he didn't look at her he could be fired. (BTW, nothing happened. )
Several years ago I related an incident to this list. I was going out a door at work and a woman coworker (I assume. I didn't know her but it was in a secure area.) was coming through from the other direction. By my own clumsiness I got caught in the door and had to push back hard with the breaker bar digging into my back to avoid touching her. I was scared because men had been fired for accidentally touching a woman. The consensus on the list was that I should be scared because women have been harassed.
Anything can upset someone. The only way to avoid any possible upset in to totally insulate yourself.

Sent from my iPhone