[LMB] OT: Two houses, neither alike in dignity

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Tue Dec 20 04:13:12 GMT 2016

------ Original Message ------
From: "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Cc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 12/19/2016 10:58:45 PM
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Two houses, neither alike in dignity

>Isn't that something? I remember when Harry Potter first crossed my
>radar. I
>think I went home when the third or fourth book was just coming out,
>and there
>were lines at the bookstores, and it made the news. "How bizarre!" I
>thought.
>I waited until the hype died down and got the first book at some point,
>and
>then got the rest. (-: Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago!
>

>Micki

I ran into Harry Potter when a librarian in my local branch stuck a copy
of _Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone_ into the adult science
fiction section. I was halfway through it before I woke up to the fact
that it was a juvenile, but at that point I was captured and could not
put it down. I went out and bought my own copy and then the seven
succeeding books.

Harvey