[LMB] OT: Worldview (1)

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 23:51:15 GMT 2016

Ah, well, I agree that that happens, but it's not really a case of "special snowflake" as
it's a case of selfish (perhaps clan-centered) parenting. Let's lay the blame where it
belongs. I know a lot of kids who are pretty much willing to conform to school rules, and
even a few who are terribly embarrassed by their parents interference. So many times, the
schools must make up for the deficiencies of the parents.

I won't object to the term "helicopter parenting" either -- I object to the concept, but
I think the term is useful for combatting the problem.

Micki