[LMB] meat-grinders

adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 22 03:50:21 GMT 2016

I often say, one of the best things about Lois' writing is, although she puts her characters through meat-grinders, she takes them through and beyond, to grow past the experience, learn from it, etc.  Far too may non-Lois authors spend their whole story in meat-grinder land, as if that were an end in itself.  Ick; definitely not my narrative kink.  I prefer the meaning behind/above/beyond the event.

And now the inimitable Micki has got everyone talking about meat-grinders, & it's even on-topic.

;)

Jerrie