[LMB] meat-grinders in Bujold

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 04:06:53 GMT 2016

 There's a kind of a trope about "how the sausage is made" (and I can't help humming the
Hamilton tune that now goes with the phrase for me). It's supposed to be a disagreeable
process, but in a fictional world, it's very controlled by the sausage-maker, and it can
be very educational. I mean, I'll probably never find I have a long-lost brother who was
raised by terrorists to kill my father, but watching Mark, in particular, go through the
mill has been very through-provoking and useful. He did overcome his upbringing -- not
quickly, not efficiently, but in a very thorough way.

Micki