[LMB] What's next?

M R Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Fri Dec 23 20:09:27 GMT 2016

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016, at 18:37, Matthew George wrote:

> In hindsight, I do wish I hadn't purchased the Penric works from a source
> that 'licenses' its files to its users and claims to retain ownership.

> It's difficult enough not being able to loan them to friends.  In any
> case,  I don't intend to offer that source more of my money, and I hope to be
> able to purchase any further adventures of Penric and company more directly.

I think all the outlets through which Her Ladyship has made the Penric
novella available have much the same terms of business
(Apple, Nook and Amazon). Amazon.com allows one loan.

None wish to allow secondhand/ used sales.

If the philosphy interests you there is a new book (hc and ebook)

https://mitpress.mit.edu/end
https://www.amazon.com/End-Ownership-Personal-Property-Information/dp/0262035014/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/End-Ownership-Personal-Property-Information/dp/0262035014/
review

Review

https://copyrightandtechnology.com/2016/12/21/what-does-ownership-mean-in-the-digital-age

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames