[LMB] OT: sizes

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Dec 24 20:42:54 GMT 2016

> On Dec 24, 2016, at 8:48 AM, Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Molded cups ... I bought the wrong size of swim top, and they all seem to have molded cups - so here I am the body fits fine, and these HUGE gazonga cups .... with not so tiny me swimming around. [And side rant, who the frell decided to make the sizing change - I am a 1x top, that normally wears 2x because I hate the way they have decided that all women want SKINTIGHT tshirts ... so I order a 1x tankinni to discover I am actually something like a size 16 or whatnot and the cup size for 1x is effectively something like a EE I can fit my entire boob and my fist inside the cup. Yes I tried =) And if I buy size 13 panties, I can fit me and Rob in them, I seem to be a size 9?! WTF people, can we get together and decide on sizing conventions!]

The whole concept of sizes is faulty.   It assumes everybody has the same shape, just different sizes.    That is ridiculous.   A bit better is when they give sizes in two dimensions, such giving shoe length and width (in numbers and letters which have nothing to do with other units of measurement that we know).

The future will have ways of measuring our whole bodies and make up clothes designed for our bodies.   And better than that, we will have devices that measure how our bodies are used and change over time, and will share that information with the vendor.