[LMB] OT: Greetings of the Season

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 27 00:57:59 GMT 2016

No I'm not being mean. I come from a crazy Anglo / Irish family who have a roast pork dinner, with baked vegetables and gravy then Xmas pudding boiled in a cloth and served with hot custard and brandy cream. When it's 40 degrees Celsius in the shade.

We do the Aussie beach Bbq for lunch then front up for the second round for dinner at night.  Then we all dissolve into a food coma for a couple of days.

I'm the crazy fool in the blistering hot kitchen cooking everything.  This year was the 51 st anniversary  since I first cooked the family Xmas pudding when I was 12 years old. My father died just after Xmas the year before and he had always done the Xmas cooking with me as his assistant.  Mum had taken to her bed after he died and turned almost into a zombie. I decided if we were going to have a Xmas I would have to do it. I have been doing it ever since. Although looking back I am amazed at how I managed without any of the modern appliances we have now, no electric mixmaster, food processor no nothing apart from a whisk for the egg whites and a wooden spoon.

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton