[LMB] Two characters with a great deal in common

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 03:02:21 GMT 2016

I was reading some of the Jaime Lannister POV chapters of the later _Song
of Ice and Fire_ books, and it occurred to me that one character in the
Vorkosigan Saga who could empathize with him would be Aral Vorkosigan.

Jaime is reviled as the "Kingslayer," an oathbreaker and traitor, even
though he did what any of us would have done under the circumstances.
While Aral had a hand in killing a mad emperor, he is known far and wide as
the "Butcher of Komarr," even though the murder of the Komarran councilors
was not his fault.  No matter what either of them does, there are always
going to be people for whom those acts will be the first thing they think
of when they think of those men.

I _know_ it could never happen, but I'd love to read a conversation between
them where they've both let their guards down and are being completely
honest.