[LMB] Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:25:09 GMT 2016

Just finished another reread.

This is one of those books that changes every time you read it.

The first time I was caught between wanting to rush to find out
what happened, and wanting to slow down to immerse myself in
it all.

The next time I noticed the details, the cleverness of the writing,
and the main theme.

The next time I realised the main theme was totally different. And
I really started to revel in all the layers, seeing a new perspective
on those details, and realising how many seemingly minor, random
comments are actually vital.

Can't wait for the next reread, when I find a totally different book,
again!

Gwynne (Lost in it all, and loving it.)