[LMB] OT: Personal news

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Feb 27 02:56:31 GMT 2016

On January 22nd, I went to Orthopedics because of slowly increasing pain
 in my left hip and difficulty in walking. I was diagnosed with
end-stage osteoarthritis, and a hip replacement was recommended.

Yesterday I saw the hip surgeon, and settled on a date - Monday, April 11th.

They
 say the surgery and hospital stay will be only a couple of days, pain
relief will follow immediately (except, of course, for the incision
site), and recovery will be slow, but I should regain a lot of mobility
and independence. I'll have to be baby-sat my first day or so home; have a couple of people lined up to take it in relays.

I'll keep everybody posted.