[LMB] FW: Magic and psi

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 06:06:00 BST 2016

Marc says in response to Gwynne worrying about being "dead" when one's parts get
replaced in a Star Trek transporter beam:

I remember a novel where they got around this (in one sense of "got

around") by adopting the (Sufi?) belief that all of us are destroyed and

re-created constantly by $Deity - so what's to worry about? :)

Micki: Now that I think about it, we are constantly and slowly losing parts. I
remember reading once that all the cells of our body are renewed after seven years.

Which would explain some memory lapses (-:. Faulty copying, faulty communication
(faulty welcome wagons?) amongst the cells. (It's a bit of an urban legend, the
internet says; but the internet started it in the first place.)

Micki