[LMB] Settle a Chalion dispute

Stewart Dean sdean at sdean.net
Tue Jun 14 15:21:09 BST 2016

It seemed the consensus is that the Gods can't matter affect matter, as my partner (who is usually right) holds.  That
begs the question of what kind of Gods they are to be in that position. They then aren't much in the line of the gods of
the Middle East. Perhaps they are more in the line of spiritual enablers, which is perhaps all that a god can be in the
reality in which we exist. The human species (or at least those doninated by testosterone) has always been impressed
with the various forms of power...and endowed the gods they imagined/visualized/thought to exist with omnipotence and
its exercise.  The real challenges lie elsewhere. It has always seemed to me that power and spiritual self-possesion
have a sort of uncertainty relationship, like the speed and position of an electron.  You can have one or the other;
ineluctably you cannot truly have both

--
-- CHAPTER III, IN WHICH POOH AND PIGLET GO HUNTING AND NEARLY CATCH A WOOZLE...

"Silly old Bear," he said, "what were you doing? First you went round the spinney twice by yourself, and then
Piglet ran after you and you went round again together, and then you were just going round a fourth time"

"Wait a moment," said Winnie-the-Pooh, holding up his paw.

He sat down and thought, in the most thoughtful way he could think.
Then he fitted his paw into one of the Tracks . . . and then he scratched his nose twice, and stood up.

"Yes," said Winnie-the-Pooh. "I see now,"

"I have been Foolish and Deluded," said he, "and I am a Bear of No Brain at All."

"You're the Best Bear in All the World," said Christopher Robin soothingly.

"Am I?" said Pooh hopefully. And then he brightened up suddenly.

"Anyhow," he said, "it is nearly Luncheon Time."

Stewart Dean