[LMB] Temporary isolation

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:25:31 GMT 2016

[LMB] Temporary isolation
Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Mar 2 00:18:07 GMT 2016

HB: I wonder what the politics were like in Barrayar when they knew
there was a technical human civilization that they were isolated from.

I expect some people wanted to build the isolated society they wanted -
and others were planning for when they could reunite.

And no matter how much technology they lose - there is a confidence of
what kind of technologies could exist in the future.

LMB:  I think you underestimate how much knowledge and information is
lost between one generation and the next, and the next.

Ta, L.