[LMB] Re: Penric 10 - In which Penric and Desdemona go for a walk

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Mar 8 09:35:18 GMT 2016

On Feb 23, 2016, at 07:29 PM, "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>It also seems to me that males seek climax more fervently, and also are
less coherent during the build-up. Whereas many women report that they can plan a
shopping list and sort out childcare during the early stages of build-up.

amf: If this is during pleasuring oneself, I've got to concentrate on making the scenes almost physical--as in, I can almost but not quite feel what I'm imagining. Can't do the shopping and scheduling in that situation. However, finding myself so bored that I'm observing out-of-body...that's sad. You can communicate only so far if the other party is simply not listening or going to accommodate your body's pleasure system.

However, if I get that disconnected with 1 +n sex, it's a Bad Sign. It usually means that the stimulation has gone flat. I have atypical reactions to some forms of sexual pleasure for women--they do nothing for me, or they bollux up my pleasure nerves, shutting them down...for months. However, one of these days, I must sit on the biggest vibrator in a household, the washing machine, to see if stimulating the entire pelvic floor is useful.

>>Micki: I've seen those studies, too. They are encouraging, but from my point of view, physical reactions that don't make it to the conscious mind are pretty much useless.

amf: Yes, so very yes!

>>Micki: Maybe it's a matter of therapy, maybe it's a mind-body disconnect. I would agree with the more easily sexually bored part.

>>Micki:  I think that most men have a simple procedure that reliably brings joy. I'm green with jealousy.

amf: as am I. After several sessions with battery operated devices, I could no longer acheive orgasm, and concurrently, arousal was nigh impossible. This sorry state lasted for over a year, and my body still hasn't recovered its former level of um, skill, at attaining sexual pleasure.

Micki: So, I think Desdemona is going to go bi- with a great deal of ease and happiness. Perhaps the best of all worlds is not to be male or female, but to be a demon.

amf: Or Tiresias.

Marina