[LMB] Penric, section 14

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:27:01 GMT 2016

> From: "M. Haller Yamada" thefabmadamem at yahoo.com

Snipsssss.....

> Desdemona slows time, and does her tricks.
> Pen, to the human world, looks insanely fast and also the sword rusts before it
> can skewer our dear boy. Pen and his opponents are bewildered, but Desdemona is
> having a good time.
>  It
> works. Pen concentrates and finally acts. The two use their powers, and cause
> chaos, during which Desdemona giggles. She tells him to run for the water gate,
> and Umelan takes over for the swim.

The fight reminds me so strongly of the prayer, (can't remember if
it's from PoS or CoC) - 'the nail of the horseshoe.... the feather at the
pivot point...'   Desdemona doesn't use massive powers, she targets
small, vital items and moments. A blade rusts, a rope rots, a boat
springs a leak (ok, several.) It's all about targeting power rather than
sending out a huge blast (ok, she burns down a castle, but that was
collateral damage. Or a small fire that just got really efficient.)

It's all about fighting smart, and Pen learns well.

Gwynne