[LMB] Penric, section 14

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 14 23:28:34 GMT 2016

On Mon, March 14, 2016 2:44 pm, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 2016, at 9:36 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Something is off here, but I didn’t notice the hints the first tim
>>

> neither did I.

Nor I.
> When Clee said his brother was providing transport, I certainly
> assumed it would be at the door--and a vehicle, not mounts.

That's our expectation - wagons and litters weren't _nearly_ as
comfortable to ride as a horse, particularly before the invention
of modern suspension and shock absorbers.

>> And then comes the poisoned cordial!

Note that Desdemona doesn't seem to worry about Pen getting drunk --
at what point does _she_ twig to the idea that skulduggery is afoot?

Tony Z