[LMB] thoughtful podcast

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Mar 15 08:13:16 GMT 2016

On Mar 14, 2016, at 05:30 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

On Mar 13, 2016, at 10:32 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:

Clearly, I should have put in a line pointing up the fact that Aral was a civilian when he was prime minister, instead of just assuming that was patently obvious. An amazing number of even otherwise attentive readers seem to miss that. (This is not a book that repays speed reading, I fear.)

I just found out that William Howard Taft’s corpse is buried at Arlington National Cemetery. I assume that’s because he was Commander-in-Chief. I don’t know what kind of military authority a Barrayaran prime minister has.

Many presidents (vices, too?) and Supreme Court Justices are buried at Arlington. Deceased astronauts, especially those who died in duty, are also there. I visited Arlington in August 2001 and paid my respects to those special to me.

Marina