[LMB] Penric, section 14

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 14:34:24 GMT 2016

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:51:11 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>On Mar 14, 2016, at 4:28 PM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> (Marina): When Clee said his brother was providing transport, I certainly
>>> assumed it would be at the door--and a vehicle, not mounts.
>>
>> That's our expectation - wagons and litters weren't _nearly_ as comfortable to ride as a horse, particularly before the invention of modern suspension and shock absorbers.
>
>Now that Peugot owns Citroen, do all the lines they own use the Citromatic suspension?

No- and they've owned them for something over 30 years, it's not a new
thing.

>The SNL skit with the moil performing a bris *would* be possible in a Citroen DS (in French, Déesse, "goddess"). After falling into a video of Jay Leno talking about his, I have deep envy of one, each time I encounter a speed bump. Headaches and speed bumps, even at a crawl...

Most of the current Citroen range don't use them either- but some other
surprisingly premium brands do (or did - I'm a bit out of touch).

When my Citroen BX needed a new "sphere", my local garage ordered it as
a Rolls-Royce part- for some bizarre reason it worked out cheaper that
way!  Though his really triumphant achievement was noticing that a
clutch plate for a Ferrari Dino @ £750 and one for a Fiat tractor @ £50
had the same part number... (and Ferarri belonged to Fiat).