[LMB] OT: maybe? related work, What a Kiss Can Do by Kathy Johncox

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 01:02:42 GMT 2016

Did someone (Stacey?) talk about this book already on the list? I was doing some
research on dwarfism, and ran across a recommendation for the book on the Little
People of America website.

Overall, it's a very fun read. It's got some serious clunks in it, but somehow,
Kathy Johncox manages to hold the whole thing together and provide a satisfying
ending.

But the thing of note is that the hero made me flash back to Miles a dozen times
during the book! Which I think someone else noted earlier.

The basic story is a contemporary modern romance or women's journey with some
science fiction design elements. There's also a mythological component that I don't
quite grasp (mistletoe, possibly ravens). There's a love triangle that is
unnecessarily complicated IMO. And the hero is 4 foot 8 inches high, and scary-
smart.

Want to dissect it a bit, either here (OT: of course) or offlist?

Micki