[LMB] OT: AKICOTL. Cast iron cooking question

Nancy Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 01:01:16 GMT 2016

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 9:43 PM, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:
>
> Note: this is not the good skillet from the antique store, but the 5" modern one I got on Freecycle first, and it may not be properly seasoned for all I've tried to keep it so.

I saw the post where Pat said her problem was solved, but I thought I’d still pass along this link for a relatively simple method of seasoning a cast iron pan. (Pretty close to the advice Pat followed, too.) I’ve become a real fan of Serious Eats for this sort of article (and some pretty good recipes too), as they seem to give well-tested advice that’s generally not too fussy.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/09/how-to-season-cast-iron-pans-skillets-cookware.html

   Nancy