[LMB] Any chance of a new book, Lois?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 23:37:59 GMT 2016

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 09:48:40 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Nov 3, 2016, at 9:39 AM, markus baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>>
>> thirded ..
>>
>> and i hope that spencer will write another story in that universe
>
>She told one story - but eventually that world will develop the technology to allow for gender balance.   What would be the result?

I suspect the Matriarchy would continue, though men would gradually win
more rights (if our world is anything to judge by).

I suspect that evolutionary pressures would lead to gender balance
anyway- a significant gender imbalance in births leads to an advantage
for the minority gender that would enhance the reproductive success of
anyone producing a slightly higher ratio than the norm.

Even species where there is a severe imbalance in the animals that get
to breed, the genders are roughly balanced numerically - anything else
creates an evolutionary pressure towards parity.
--
"..proper sport being football and cricket and nothing else.  Everything else is a game
or a pastime.  Except golf.  Which is an abomination, encouraging bloated publicans