[LMB] Any chance of a new book, Lois?

baur baur baur at chello.at
Fri Nov 4 08:56:25 GMT 2016

that was not what i was referring to - sorry

i meant how that evolutionary pressure to a balanced gender ratio is supposed to
work ..

----

as for the gender imbalance in spencer's story, its unclear what is produced by
..

it is unclear if the imbalance is already present on the pre-conception genetic
level - i.e. only 10% of the possible egg/sperm combination result in a male

or if simply 90% of the male embryos die before birth - from the description
most of the abortuses (abortii?) seem to happen very early, only few are being
carried to term ... its seems more likely to be the second case

and the ultimate cause of all this is also unclear - is it this veneral disease
or is something more deep?

if its the disease, what is its transmission path - only sexual contact, or
something more insidious? (like transmission at / pre birth?)

it it IS only the disease, there might be a solution via medication and/or
vaccination - if its deeper no solution might be possible before widespread
genetic engineering

---

and ultimately - how did this happen? is this a lost colony world?

Servus

markus