[LMB] Any chance of a new book, Lois?

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Nov 4 14:25:35 GMT 2016

On 11/4/2016 6:45 AM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> If there is a gender imbalance in the population, a small tendency to
> favour one sex of offspring over the other can be a slight advantage in
> terms of evolutionary success.  And that's all it takes for the
> incidence of that gene to increase in the population.

And in A Brother's Price we see that happening. Jerin is from a family
that produces more than average number of boys. That makes him a more
desirable father. The larger number of boys from the Whistler family
also spreads those genes farther.

Although, since every male is needed and every male is reproducing, but
is limited to his wives, the effect is less than if the females could
freely choose from any male for each baby.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil