[LMB] Any chance of a new book, Lois?

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:10:48 GMT 2016

In _A Brother's Price,_ "whorehouses" for men did exist.  The men were kept
there more-or-less by force, and kept drugged up to keep them up (so to
speak).  Women who couldn't afford to buy husbands, and didn't have
brothers to trade for a husband, would use them.

Unfortunately, as I say, syphilis was apparently endemic if not epidemic,
and that made the "cribs" very dangerous for their inmates and their
patrons.  I've thought that what the world of _A Brother's Price_ needed
was a "Connecticut Yankee" figure, someone from another world who knew how
to do things...like make penicillin.  They could have also had telegraphs
and railroads, at least unless iron and steel were much rarer than in our
world.