[LMB] new interview on 8 Ladies

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 22:33:45 GMT 2016

________________________________
From: Matthew George
Goodness... I misread the following sentence at first glance.

I do rolling revisions — correcting, rewriting, re-outlining, and dinking
> as I go

I saw that as 'drinking as I go', and thought that was certainly one way to
deal with the stress.  Also, I was very mildly concerned.  Then my eyes
scanned the sentence again and my brain caught up.  But that was a heck of
a half-second there.

Matt G.

Micki: (-: Worked for Hemingway. )-: Or did it? I have been very tempted to try
the drunk writing route, but my metabolism means drinking makes me sullen and
lazy, not fun and sparkling. Well, maybe I could get 15 minutes of fun and
sparkling . . . then I'd probably be writing dark, dreary dystopias.

Thanks, Lois, for putting this up here. Jennifer Crusie also posted a link to the
interview, and I've heard back from so many writers who have said nice things.
(-: I can practically hear the gears working, and brain voices saying, "Oh, yeah,
there's THAT!" As always, you pack so much practical advice into a small amount
of space.

(-: I feel like I should post the link one more time, even though y'all just saw
it a few posts back. Well, just so you don't have to scroll back: https://eightladieswriting.com/2016/11/05/michaeline-lois-mcmaster-bujold-answers-three-okay-four-questions-about-the-writing-process/.

Lois talks about her writing process.

Micki