[LMB] 3D Printer CAD/CAM OT:

James M. BRYANT G4CLF james at jbryant.eu
Tue Nov 8 11:38:23 GMT 2016

Micki's "...husband kind of needs a new hobby, but I'm afraid
3D printing might be a very, very expensive one..."

Dunno what you consider expensive, nor Japanese prices, but
you can get quite a good 3D printer for under $1,000 in the
USA and not much more (VAT/GST/WHY adds to it) in Yurp.

I doubt I spend as much as $200/year on filament and I do a
LOT of printing. More, of course, if you buy a printer which
uses expensive mono-source cartridges rather than spools of
generic filament.

By all means send me more detailed questions off-list.

James - who is off to Munich for a week for Electronica (big
electronic trade fair) and beer and won't have email while
he's away