[LMB] Demons and brains.

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Nov 9 17:47:13 GMT 2016

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My hypothesis for why demons don't jump at the chance to re-enter animals:

Agreed.   One reason I have doubts about proposals that we save up our personalities in computers is that our brains have lots of physical aspects.   Ever since Phineas Gage, we know structure matters.   I wonder how much difference male hormones made to the way the demons think.   We read about conservative and liberal brains.   Some brains may be associated with risk taking.

We see that Penric’s upbringing matters.  Naming his demon appears to be nurture more than nature - and it matters.