[LMB] Micki asks on topic questions, was OT: Productive Hobbies

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Nov 9 21:12:55 GMT 2016

On Nov 08, 2016, at 11:07 PM, "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

Micki: (-: I didn't want to shoot you down. He's got heavy earthmoving equipment
already, he doesn't swim, he hates mosquitoes and bugs . . . I, on the other
hand, would love to have a pond that doubles as a swimming pool (maybe with
ducks).

amf: Urm, you need to worry about coliform bacteria, if you have ducks or geese in that pond, and especially if water doesn't flow somewhere from it. You really don't want to get into that pond with fowl having fouled it.

Micki: What sort of hot beverage would be enjoyed in the Weald?

amf: I haven't a clue about an equivalent to Camellia sinensis there, but I'll guess not unless Herself says otherwise. Assuming the presence of an equivalent to Arabian Jasmine (Sambac) and orange trees, the dried petals of each, brewed together, makes a lovely floral tea.  You could add roses and other edible flowers, as well, usually dried. In China, chrysanthemums, and in Central and South America, hibiscus, are used in tisanes. Herbal tisanes are also likely. Mulled wine, perhaps.

Micki: Could Cordelia co-opt some planetary-level heavy earthmoving equipment, and build her own new city? And what would she put in it?

amf: gardens, museums, not zoos unless a way to keep out the deadlier native critters is found. Aquaria, for GJ.

Marina