[LMB] SP: Desdemona's Future

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Nov 9 21:21:36 GMT 2016

On Nov 09, 2016, at 10:25 AM, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:

I posted this to the Baen Bar and I'm going to copy it here too.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 16:22:59 -0700, denim wrote:
Not to imply an obligation or even a suggestion, but it would be
cool, say five or six books hence, to see Des with her next rider.
To see what Des' impression of Penric is like and how the poor
sorcerer deals with an older brother along with the posse of older
sisters.

Even if Desdemona holds back and does not try to take over, her memories
are going to be very influential on her host. How much can the host
accept from memories without also pulling in beliefs, prejudices, habits
of thought, etc?

amf: darned good question

And then there's the interesting bit we got near the end of the story
where Des says she would have jumped to Nikys if Penric died. Now that
would have to be weird. And kind of like what happened to Daav when
Aeliana died in Lee & Miller's Liaden series. Two people who love each
other, living in one head? Is that a good or bad thing?

the conversations would certainly be interesting!

* SPOILER *
* SPOILER *
* SPOILER *
* SPOILER *