[LMB] Desdemona's Future

Ursula uleubner at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 21:09:30 GMT 2016

.

* SPOILER *

>Another interesting thought of future Desdemona I had is how much more
>she can do with the same amount of chaos but even more skill. For
>example, light a tree on fire, then use the chaos of that fire to fuel
>even larger sorcery, much like we learned to do with steam boiler
>technology. And we saw in this story that Des can pull chaos even from
>destroying the order within matter, as when she disintegrated that rat.
>How far can _that_ go? Nuclear fusion powered chaos magic perhaps?

I think you have this backwards, here. Desdemona does not use chaos to create magic.  She creates chaos, directing it in magical ways.  She does not need to draw on chaos to do things.  She needs to constantly release chaos, through minor acts of destruction, or through minor acts of destructive magic.  Or, if she does "uphill" magic she generates even more chaos, that also needs to be shed.
Having a "source" of chaos would not help her do more.  Having a safe outlet for chaos would help with that, as does finding more efficient ways to do uphill tasks, so as to generate less chaos.
- Ursula

* SPOILER *
* SPOILER *
* SPOILER *