[LMB] Penric's Mission (no spoilers) Map?

kbarry kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Sun Nov 13 03:12:34 GMT 2016

On 11/12/2016 9:49 PM, Zeev Tarantov wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 3:16 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>> spoiler
>>

> snip
>

>> I'm having trouble figuring out how to put Adria to the east of Thasalon
>> without having Cedonia get in the way.
>>

> Thasalon is the capital city of the Cedonian Empire. I assume it's
> Thessaloniki.
> I think Turkey/Anatolia/Asia Minor was not mentioned at all yet, and we
> don't know why the capital is not in Constantinople.
>
> Patos is Patras, and the island of Corfara is Curfu.
>
> textev:
>> "Because by the time they reached Skirose, some one-hundred-eighty miles
> farther on, he must somehow persuade Arisaydia and Nikys to turn east with
> him to the coast. There to find some fishing vessel to deliver them to the
> island of Corfara, and from there, passage to Lodi in Adria.
>
> But I can't identify Skirose.

Skirose is almost definitely Skyros, an island off the cost of Thessaly.
According to one of my references it is said to be a "rocky, barren"
island, about 30 miles north-east of Euboia.

It may have been barren, but they did manage to mint coins there.

Regards,
Kevin Barry

Proprietor
http://www.bitsofhistory.com
http://www.vcoins.com/barryanddarling
Co-Owner of the Moneta-L and ACM-L Lists