[LMB] Penric's Mission (no spoilers) Map?

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:41:26 GMT 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Zeev Tarantov <zeev.tarantov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 3:16 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > spoiler
> >

> snip
>

> > I'm having trouble figuring out how to put Adria to the east of Thasalon
> > without having Cedonia get in the way.
> >

> Thasalon is the capital city of the Cedonian Empire. I assume it's
> Thessaloniki.
> I think Turkey/Anatolia/Asia Minor was not mentioned at all yet, and we
> don't know why the capital is not in Constantinople.

> Patos is Patras, and the island of Corfara is Curfu.

Yeah, I left Corfara off the picture because there wasn't room for it...
Thasalon as the capital city makes a lot better sense than as another
district or country. I kept trying to make it be a district-sized entity,
and that's probably not the way to think of it.

So... If I picture a not-that-large empire of Cedonia that contains
Thasalon as a capital city, the mental image does work better, yes.

We still have Adria to the east of Cedonia, which contains Thasalon, Patos,
Doara, and Skirose, and presumably the province to the south that Pen and
the others arrive at in the end of this story. Orbas is presumably outside
Cedonia, though I could be told otherwise.

I'm ok with moving the location of Skyrose within our picture if it works
in other ways. I'm also happy with the idea of it being just some other
city that doesn't need an exact name hook-up.

For Rusylli, I'm wondering what I could/should hook them to as well. My
first thought is something like Russian, but they'd be awfully far south
for the most part. White Russia or something like Serbia might do better...

I don't know if we're going to have an east-west flip of our maps or just
of some of the areas involved. I will note that Adria is not that far from
the Cantons - it's where people figured he/Des was going to flee to at the
end of Penric's Demon when they thought he'd attacked his nice hosts in
Castle Martenden. I kind of wonder if we can hook up the homes of
Desdemona's various riders into a plausible path from Patos to the cantons.

Karen Hunt