[LMB] Alert warning for Kiwi listees

Helen Chapman hungrycatco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:52:33 GMT 2016

.... From Blenheim NZ,  that was no 6.6 I knew it was over 7 when it was
happening and it has since be re assessed at 7.5.  "Been there, done that,
"several times in my life span  to date so am pretty good at off the cuff
assessment of intensity when it comes to quakes.

We are having continuous quakes of varying intensities every few minutes
with loss of power and intermittent access to broadband and phone
services.  I am plodding round my house picking up shards of glass and
where it directly impinges on access in and out of rooms or the house,
stacking bookcases -  it is a major disaster still unfolding,  Our little
cul-de-sac has a little bit of a community get together and apart of a
pretty stressed lady a couple of doors away, all seem cheerful despite the
damage.  My brothers in Christchurch have both checked in, the damage down
there is a lot lighter than here in the Marlborough Province although I
feel for the folk in the Hanmer Springs in North Canterbury, we haven't to
date heard from the really hard hit area there.  Enough to say that the
first shake has triggered quakes from there through the North of the South
Island and over quite a lot of the lower, central and east coast of the
North Island.

Helen Chapman

On 14 November 2016 at 03:16, Kathleen Morrison <kathleen.morrison at gmail.com