[LMB] Can anybody on the list read Korean?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Nov 13 22:29:15 GMT 2016

Some of those look to me like an attempt at a phonetic "translation",
at least when looking at the latin-alphabet version:

memoli: memory
mileo daenseu: mirror dance
balaya: barrayar

It is common that Koreans who haven't had training in phonetic english
cannot pronounce an 'r', and it comes out as an 'l' sound instead.
(similar phenomena affect 'f'-sounds, and there are probably others I
was aware of when I was there--45 years ago--but can't recall now.)