[LMB] James Nicoll - Review of Penric's Mission (Penric and Desdemona, book 3) by Lois McMaster Bujold SP:

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 03:39:33 GMT 2016

Nice! More after some spoiler space.

________________________________
From: M R Dolbear  James Nicoll - Review of Penric's Mission (Penric and Desdemona, book 3) by Lois McMaster Bujold SP:

http://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/hear-my-whispers-in-the-dark

Micki: And, I'd like to snark a little -- it's not a new Penric every six months.
It was about a year, then about four months . . . so, if we apply math,
eventually, Lois will be coming out with a new Penric every 36 minutes (at which
point, she'll probably implode, and nobody wants that). Good review! Now, here's
that spoiler space.

Ra

Ra

Ree,

A White God for me,

Ra

Ra

Rass

He'll

Come

Bite

Me

In

The

Other

Book

Micki: OK, it strikes me that Pen is collecting (possibly?) sidekicks. I thought
Oswyl might turn out to be a permanent fixture, eventually, bringing Penric and
Desdemona cases and providing expert advice and plausible foils.

Now I think it's going to be the romantic team of Penric, Des and Madame Owl, out
there fighting crime with some help from the brother-in-law. It'll probably turn
out to be something completely different.

I do like the skill set Pen is acquiring; he may have gotten some extras when
Desdemona came on board, but it's not like he's practiced all of them yet.

Micki

Now

My

Spoilerings