[LMB] Dilbert's creator on science, medicine, and diet -

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Nov 24 09:02:04 GMT 2016

On Nov 23, 2016, at 12:12 PM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com>
wrote:

True, but if I used the word parasite, I'd get a lot of hostility directed
my way. I'll pass on that. Besides, it was MY symbiont

SM:  Absolutely true, as I found when my own parasite did some significant
damage while under construction. People really, really don't want to hear
about anything but rainbows and light when it comes to manufacturing a baby.

Parasite got born, damage healed some, baby was healthy, I wasn't quite.
No one wants to believe it.

amf: I believe you. I know women who have had major internal damage, some of which would never return to what the normal was before conception. One woman I know, for reasons I fail to grasp, opted for a second child in spite of this. Given her eternal wail about one thing or another wrong with her, or the world towards her, I have no clue why anyone of that mind would go for a second experience.

But I did not doubt for a minute that being pregnant was not a health-positive occurrence.

Marina