[LMB] Dilbert's creator on science, medicine, and diet -

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 24 09:47:19 GMT 2016

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton
> On 24 Nov 2016, at 8:02 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>

> On Nov 23, 2016, at 12:12 PM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com>
> wrote:
>
> True, but if I used the word parasite, I'd get a lot of hostility directed
> my way. I'll pass on that. Besides, it was MY symbiont
>
> SM:  Absolutely true, as I found when my own parasite did some significant
> damage while under construction. People really, really don't want to hear
> about anything but rainbows and light when it comes to manufacturing a baby.
>
> Parasite got born, damage healed some, baby was healthy, I wasn't quite.
> No one wants to believe it.
>
> amf: I believe you. I know women who have had major internal damage, some of which would never return to what the normal was before conception. One woman I know, for reasons I fail to grasp, opted for a second child in spite of this. Given her eternal wail about one thing or another wrong with her, or the world towards her, I have no clue why anyone of that mind would go for a second experience.
>
> But I did not doubt for a minute that being pregnant was not a health-positive occurrence.

Yep same here six failed pregnancies before I had my son. Spent three months in hospital to prevent miscarriage (due to injuries sustained when husband beat me up when I was 5.5 months pregnant with twin girls.) then another three months in hospital when my lungs couldn't cope with breathing for two so I was on I.v. Cortisone and 24/7 oxygen . The IV cortisone destroyed my eyesight and I now have COPD and pregnancy induced diabetes. I suspect the kidney failure can probably be blamed on the seven pregnancies as well. My symbiont is now 33 and an only child.

Helen