[LMB] Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling story--about a different list

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Nov 26 07:30:13 GMT 2016

the email list for a dance class I'm in believes in top posting, whereas I was trained in interline response. I was also trained that one's sig, unless a formal business one, should never exceed the length of the relevant text message.

No one but me seems to think to trim the sigs and googlegroups boilerplate in responses. I tend to trim irrelevant parts of messages in a queue. We don't have a digest option, as it's more of a news list than a discussion, such as this one, list.

I finally threw a fit last week when a two-line response was at the top of a series of concatenated responses totalling about 300 lines, about 200 of which were forwarded sigs and boilerplate. The leader/teacher's sigs tend to be several and separated by 2-3 lines, to make things worse.

I also requested that people change the subject header when the topic has drifted.

No-one's yelled at me thus far about it, in voice or in text.

I know I can goof once a while in haste, forgetting to trim boilerplate at the end.